A password is now required to join the ACC online services on Zoom. If you’d like to take part, please contact us at email@example.com for more details.
Given the current restrictions on social gatherings, we will not be meeting together in the church building for Sunday services or midweek activities (apart from our foodbank ministry), until further notifications are issued by the government advising that we can do so.
However we have been investigating various ways to continue to interact with each other and share a time of worship and fellowship together.
We have decided to use an online platform called ZOOM (https://zoom.us/).
So we’d like to walk you through here exactly what you need to do to join us on Sundays now at ACC.
- You will need a laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
- Go to the ZOOM website and download the software on to your device. We suggest you do this sooner rather than later please and familiarise yourself using it, though trust us, it is relatively easy and straightforward to use.
- Once you’ve downloaded the software, you need to register with a user name (your email address) and a password (remember to store your password somewhere in case you forget it). Basically now you’re good to go.
We will take care of the rest, which will include the following 4 items:
- Worship – We will share 3-4 songs each week, either via audio or perhaps a YouTube video. You can listen to or watch the song and join in as you feel comfortable. We are also considering ways to incorporate communion as part of the experience, likely every second week.
- Prayer – We aim to share a slot for prayer each week. That could be either an intercessory prayer, led by someone from the church family or a short time of open prayer, though if we do have an open time, let’s ensure that we are sensitive to one another and keep our prayers brief please, allowing others to take part (remember 1 Corinthians 14:26!).
- Learning – We will share a message for about 20 minutes, which will include some slides that you will be able to view as well as listening to and seeing the speaker. We are looking into children’s material just now which parents can download, print off, and work through with their children during the adult message. Scholtz has also produced a separate ZOOM meeting for the youth to use after we spend the initial worship and prayer time together.
- Fellowship – We do want this to be something we do together and at times will try to include interactive slots. There is also a chat line option (at the bottom of your screen) where you can post comments, ask questions and send encouragements(!) anytime during the service.
If you’d like to join on Sundays at 11:00am for a service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll give you a link and a password to connect using Zoom – then just sign in and join us.
Remember everyone that this is a new venture for us. Please be patient with us, and show us much grace. We are open to suggestions, but please remember we can’t include everything that everyone might want.
Finally if you have any questions, technical or other, please don’t hesitate to ask and we’ll try our best to answer them and help you where we can.